Irelanded

8.24.2005

Irelanded (and then left again)

Despite not posting for a while, the world keeps on turning. Been to Cork for a few days, picked up Matt & Lee from the airport, got a phone, and took lots of pictures, all currently sitting on the camera right next to the computer; all unaccessable without a CF reader. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of any of the really amazing things, mostly due to my oen forgetfulness. In lieu, here's a breakdown:

1. Basement Jaxx/Underworld/Mylo in Dublin:
(Rob, I'm as surprised as you that I made it this long without mentioning it.)
Went to see Basement Jaxx live on the 20th and it was everything I expected and more! It was an amazing, high-energy show with about 5 guest artists and one fantastic light show. In particular, 'Good Luck' and 'Jump n Shout' with the original vocalists were really something to hear live, and the encore started with some version of 'Bingo Bango' and then just went from there, even sampling from some 'Apache' at a point. Most. Amazing. Show. Ever. I didn't take a camera, and regret it every second.

2. Guinness Tour:
Maybe it's the architecture, but the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin is one of the most awe-inspiring buildings I've ever seen. There are some great pictures, and those will get published as soon as I get my computer reconstructed.



3. Jurassic 5 in Amsterdam:
This was incredible in a totally different way than the last show. Much smaller venue, but still a great stage performance, and the crowd was just as into it as the other. Wow. We wanted to go see them signing records today, but couldn't find the place so it'll have to wait until the next time.

Edit: Amsterdam pictures, including the 10-minute hailstorm we barely managed to avoid.






One more of the Uitmarkt - this ginormous festival that was going on the night before we left.

2 Comments:

At 01:51, Blogger Wayfaring Rob said...

I am admittedly surprised that the title of this post was not "I saw Basement Jaxx and Underworld, incidentally moved to Ireland".

Glad to hear you're alive, buddy.

 
At 18:44, Blogger DJ Bitterbarn said...

Well, that would destroy the whole surprise of the post. I mean, you'd log on and say 'What the hell? Basement Jaxx and Underworld?' and then not have to read the post to get the full experience.

I'm taking journalism to entirely new levels here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home