Fight the Power!
Especially since this Christmas, I take too many pictures. This can be most easily seen on my picasa site, which has almost reached its free storage limit and (even more tellingly) is well-mapped. But that's another story.
One of the reasons to mention this is that another of these "I need to blog more" ideas was to just document more of Cork, specifically by visiting new pubs and taking pictures thereof. Of course, this just didn't work owing to the fact that not only do we go to the same pub every Friday after work, but we've sat at the same table as long as I think we've been going there. Not a good sign for seeing new things.
So when Ola called me up to say she heard some great music and we should go see it, I decided it would be a great chance to do something different, even if it ended up being a live band at the Woodford, which I have definitely been to a couple times. But it was great to get out on a Thursday and see something unusual. I need to do this more often. Pictures forthcoming.
As for a story about the city, yesterday morning I witnessed Angry Man almost physically attack a woman who couldn't be younger than 80, because she had the GALL to think about giving change to a panhandler. Angry Man then apparently couldn't take it anymore and stormed off down the street, where he stopped abruptly to carefully consider something at the bottom of a wall. Something that was wrong. For a second, I think a part of his mind wanted to fight the wall, too.
This would be less hilarious without knowing Angry Man, as the first time I recall seeing him was outside Falaf-Al's, as he proceeded to swear horribly at a group of kids who, as I suspect they didn't hear him, just kept walking. And Angry Man took some serious offense to that, so he then moved on to threatening to fight them all. All 10 of them. At once, I suspect. But when they moved on, he apparently turned his wrath on the random guy watching this. And then I suspect us, as we wandered by. And possibly a garbage can. Angry Man would have fought everything in the street, given the chance. Had he his way, we would have seen a Jet-Li style 80-on-1 brawl.
That guy is an aneurysm waiting to happen.

2 Comments:
Well quite clearly, Angry Man is Neo gone wrong and views you all as Smith.
You know, I can sort of see the resesmblance there.
Post a Comment
<< Home