Home is where your computer is
So I know that I originally intended this to be a photo-blog despite all the evidence to the contrary. So I broke down today and picked up a USB memory key so that I can actually transfer files to and from my computer while they get around to hooking up the wireless DSL out here. Hopefully only another week or so before they turn on the 3Mb, broadband-y goodness.
So, after another thrill-a-minute evening of doing the dishes and finally cleaning up the living room, I can finally show you the pictures of this place I call home. Note: the espresso machine will hopefully be coming after I get paid.

The kitchen, including all 2 square feet of useable counter space. I'm going to have to buy a table to put this espresso machine on, since it probably won't be sitting on the dining table. Also, that thing with the round window is actually the washing machine and dryer although instead of drying clothes, it just makes them a lot warmer and more humid. More dry than not, but still not 'dry' to speak of.

The living room, plus TV that seems to not work at all. This isn't a bad thing, since my computer is already a much better TV, plus it has surround.

My new computer desk. Actually, it's two desks just put side by side. You can just see the awesome futon in the front.

Close up of the desk. Yes, I asked for a case with no window, but that's what you get when you don't look at these things in the store. On the plus side, this is the neatest my computer case has ever been. Ever.

Lights out.

This is probably the largest bed known to mankind. King-size sheets just barely cover it. Still haven't managed to get across to the far side, yet.

I put a lot of holes in the wall when I moved in. Not the painting, though.

The new futon. It's as fantastic as a futon can get, which is pretty top shelf. It also folds out with (some) room to spare between the bed and computer. Guest accommodation: check.
Maybe tomorrow I can get some pictures of the outside. It's actually a really nice building, only about 2 years old. And only half a block from all the essentials: 24h convenience store, off-license, laundry, green party office, coal distributors, and so much more!

2 Comments:
So now that I've seen the futon, I can shotgun it for when I come visit, right?
Matt and Dale will have to fight for the coffee bag, I'm afraid.
There's the possibility that there will be a second room over the summer, too. But yeah, you can shotgun it. I'll mark you down on the calendar.
Post a Comment
<< Home