Walk to Work - Part 3
Turning right at the courthouse. The traffic backed up here every morning makes it the easiest street to cross at.
Turning left at the next intersection. I'm not sure what the white building is, but it has a really nice yard - the tropical-looking trees add a lot.
The Mardyke. Sort of a restaurant/bar/pool hall/bowling alley/club. In the great spirit of Cork, it used to be a warehouse. Just visible to the left is one of the hospitals in the centre.
Lee Maltings (lighter building). This part is the biology/zoology college, the third floor is the biosensing department at Tyndall.
Tyndall to the left, on the Dyke Parade side.
The main vehicle gates to Tyndall - the end of the walk. Normally it only takes about 20 minutes including a stop for coffee since the city is quite packed together.
Hopefully that gives a better idea of what the city looks like. As I get more pictures taken, I'll try to put up more of these tours - hopefully in one post next time....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home