It just works.
The Nintendo DS is the coolest thing ever.
So, while waiting in class yesterday for someone to help figure out why my code hates me, I looked up getting online with the DS. Turns out, as some people probably already know, it's really, really easy, so long as you can find an open access point.
Anyway, just out of curiosity I decided to give it a try and it turns out the network in the Microelectronics building let me connect. So it was on. Specifically, within 2 minutes I had 3 other people gathered from around the world and set up to race. And all with virtually no lag. One of the guys sort of jumped around a bit, but hardly noticeable, and I think he was from Japan.
But the important thing is that it's a system where you turn it on and it just works. No real worry about settings, no "this person has a bad ping", no "you need to update your firmware to this revision to play with this person". It just turns on and works. End of story.
I love my DS.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home