Irelanded

2.02.2006

January's over?

I've been putting this off for a while, but it's a good time for a January post. Firstly, it was great to see everyone again over Christmas. Next time I'll try to plan my time better and see everyone. Secondly, big thanks to Garrett for letting me crash at his place(s) on such semi-short notice. Thirdly, the UK/Ireland terminal at heathrow is boring. Very.

So, starting from the 12th, here's what the month shaped up like:
1. Coffee:
I finally picked up my new espresso machine. Her name is Fran.



Finally, good coffee at home! I'm in heaven.

2. Work:
Just about worked out the bugs in the system I semi-created before Christmas. We'll be able to test it completely when the new equipment shows up. At some point I'm supposed to be getting a high-school student in as a work-experience placement, so we can get data for all the samples. It should be interesting, if nothing else. Started training on the SEM (electron microscope) setup. Should be finished by the end of next week. Slowly catching up in coursework.


3. Travel:
Booked a weekend in Portugal at the beginning of March. Thanks to Ryanair, it should be a great time for cheap. If one more person decides to come, we're renting a car for the weekend. Also applying for World Cup tickets. Decided to try and see Australia play, because hanging out with aussies should be great.

That's the 3 main points of the last month. I'm still bad at this updating thing, but getting better. Still no internets at home, but once there are... lots and lots of pictures to go up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home