Irelanded

2.23.2006

More wired than before

Yeah, two posts in as many days. That's odd. But not so odd as the thought that I might actually get the internets at home!

Finally phoned up Eircom, and it turns out they were able to connect my line in 10 minutes. (should have done that 3 weeks ago!) Afterward, I phoned up Magnet to let them know, and they mentioned that I could be running with full-service in as little as 3 weeks (8Mb, digital TV, phone). Now, this IS Ireland, so I suspect that's at least 5 weeks, but still...

Anyway, the best part of the call was when I confirmed that it was €0.50/Gb after the 150Gb monthly limit and the girl says "Yes, but I'm sure you won't be going over 150Gb in a month." To which I just replied "No, I'm pretty sure I can."

So maybe, if the wind blows just right, I might have the web by April. (yeah, right.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home